Re: [Exim] double check DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] double check DNS
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@???> probably said:
> NO, NOT _any_ mail server behind a NAT -- only a mis-configured one.
>
> It is absolutely _TRIVIAL_ to get this right, either with Exim or with
> any other sane mail server I know of.

It's trivial to get right, in a trivial situation.

If my laptop, which can be connected to the net in any one of dozens
of places, gets a network connection from somewhere new where I have
no idea what the emerging IP address from being behind NAT will be
(especially when it's dynamic and I have no idea what the IP/name is
day to day) I'm supposed to find out and change my mail server config
before sending mail ? Screw that ...

HELO/EHLO isn't reliable. No one with any sense cares about the name
provided.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@???                 pir-sig@???