Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Paul M Foster
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED
On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

[..]

> But more importantly, when the offending line was taken out of the
> config file, Exim at last asked for relay from the server. The dialog I

There is no concept of 'asking' for relay.

With SMTP, you connect to the server, you say "I have MAIL FROM: this
email address", and I want to send it to (RCPT TO) this address".. Then
the server decides A. If the domain in the recipient is one of its own
domains that it always accepts, and if not, then if you (almost always
determine by your IP address, occasionally if you have use SMTP AUTH)
are allowed to relay through that server. If neither is true, it rejects
you.