Re: [Exim] Source-if for outgoing smtp

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: Roger Burton West
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Source-if for outgoing smtp
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Roger Burton West wrote:

> On or about Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:01:28AM +0100, V. T. Mueller typed:
> >On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Sascha E. Pollok wrote:
> >> apologize for asking something that might be documented
> >> somewhere but I am running a little bit out of time. Could
> >> someone tell me how to define the source ip-address for
> >> outgoing smtp bindings? I tried with local_interfaces
> >> but that seems to be related to bind to interfaces for
> >> incoming connections only.
> >What OS are you running? According to netstat here on hp-ux it appears
> >to work perfectly with the use of local_interfaces .
> _outgoing_ smtp bindings.

Oops. Sorry! I overlooked that other part :| One shouldn't answer when in
haste. After already having posted rubbish, here s/th completeley OT: Does
someone know of a way to make Apache httpd bind to a specific virtual
interface for *outgoing* transmissions? Apache listers couldn't really
answer this question. Maybe someone here came across this, too and found a
solution. If so, please mail me directly. [Same for flames please :]

Regards,
--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"