[Exim] double check DNS

Góra strony
Autor: Rolando Riley
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] double check DNS
Hello:
    I have been into a depth discussion about if a MAIL server "should"  or
"shouldn't" have reverse configure on it's
DNS.  The issue started because there is a wide amount of DNS services that
does not configure the reverse of an IP leaving it half-assed.

    Is Exim capable to do double checking of DNS? That is can it check that
both part of the email resolve?
    i.e.    rriley@???
    It would check mydomain.com

    mydomain.com
    168.77.14.2

    And after that also would check backwards

    168.77.14.2
    name.mydomain.com

    Does it make sense to do this double check? I have played a little with
host_lookup but it doesn't do what I ask here.  Please send any thoughts,
comments or review about this.

regards,

Ing. Rolando Riley
Administrador de Sistemas Unix