Re: [Exim] sender_address_relay

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: tom bell
CC: Exim Mailing List (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] sender_address_relay
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, tom bell wrote:

>    Quick question, I am trying to give
> someone the ability to relay through my mail
> server from arbitrary hosts.

That's what SMTP authentication is for.

> So I have
> added the following to my conf and am getting
> no joy.
>
> sender_address_relay = @@lsearch*;/etc/relay-users
>
> with the file in question having the following
> format.
>
> domain.com    address.1:address.2

> I'm guessing this is wrong but would like some
> tips.

If it's only one person you want to let through, why didn't you just set

sender_address_relay = user@domain

? I suspect that you are trying to set something up for a lot of users...

You don't actually way what goes wrong. However, if all you have set is
sender_address_relay, it won't work. The manual says:

sender_address_relay          Type: address list                Default: unset

    This option specifies a set of address patterns, one of which the sender
    of a message must match in order for the message to be accepted for        |
    outgoing relaying, that is, relaying from specified hosts to arbitrary     |
    domains. The check does not operate for incoming relaying, that is, for    |
    addresses that match "relay_domains".                                      |

    If this option is not set, all sender addresses are permitted. By default,
                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
    the check operates in addition to any relaying checks on the sending host
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    (see "host_accept_relay" above). However, if "relay_match_host_or_sender"
    is set, either a host match or a sender match is sufficient to allow the
    relaying to proceed. For this reason, "sender_address_relay" is required
    to be set if "relay_match_host_or_sender" is set.

So you need to set relay_match_host_or_sender as well if you want to
relay on the basis of the sender address only.

But I strongly advise you NOT TO DO THIS.

It is a thoroughly BAD idea. Sender addresses are trivially forged. If a
spammer finds this out (once you have got it working) you will be in
dead trouble.

Please consider using SMTP authentication instead.