Re: [Exim] Source-if for outgoing smtp

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sascha E. Pollok
Para: V. T. Mueller
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Source-if for outgoing smtp
** Sorry. Sent the email before it was finished ;-)) **

OS is Linux. Exim binds to the given interfaces
perfectly. Let's say:

local_intefaces = 192.168.1.5 : 192.168.1.6

These IP addresses are eth0:1 and eth0:2 on the
linux-box. The problem is that outgoing smtp
processes are still using eth0 as outgoing if
although it isn't configured here. Might be
that I missed something but I have no idea
what it might be.

Thanks,
Sascha

>What OS are you running? According to netstat here on hp-ux it appears
>to work perfectly with the use of local_interfaces .
>
>> apologize for asking something that might be documented
>> somewhere but I am running a little bit out of time. Could
>> someone tell me how to define the source ip-address for
>> outgoing smtp bindings? I tried with local_interfaces
>> but that seems to be related to bind to interfaces for
>> incoming connections only.
>--
>V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

>             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"

>--

details at http://www.exim.org/ ##

---
Sascha E. Pollok