Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED
On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 06:48:23PM -0500, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> Listen to what he says. He's right. You're completely misunderstanding
> SMTP, there is no way in the protocol to "request a server for
> relaying". Either that server will or will not relay your message, but
> it's determined by the configuration of that server or things like
> SMTP AUTH not some non-existant handshaking you believe exists.

In some roundabout way, there may be, after all that handshaking is the
TCP establishment, and there may be IP based relay controls, in which
case, the TCP session's source address will be in the handshake and
therefore some determination of whether the host on the other end of the
connection can relay.

IRMTA. So I'll shut up now :-). Though arguing with the author of exim
about what data is sent does seem like a pretty bloody stupid thing to
do. :-)

MBM