Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul M Foster
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED
On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 08:27:18PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> > But more importantly, when the offending line was taken out of the
> > config file, Exim at last asked for relay from the server.
>
> If you want more convincing, please go and read RFC 2821. I can assure
> there is NO WAY Exim can "ask for a relay". There just isn't such a
> facility in the protocol.

I glanced over this RFC. It makes little mention of the "handshaking"
that occurs prior to the first 220 reply from the smtp server. It is
likely in this handshaking period that the client requests a server for
relay. The fact is that the dialog that occurs between client and server
prior to the 220 reply is what determines whether I'm connected to a
system which acts as an end point or a relay.

Paul