Re: [Exim] parse errors compiling Exim 3.33

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Boyle
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] parse errors compiling Exim 3.33
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, John Boyle wrote:

> I've scanned the archive and although I've not found an exact match
> to the errors I'm getting - the ones that are there suggest a faulty
> gcc compiler.

They do look like a faulty gcc installation.

> Errors are as follows:
>
> /usr/local/bin/gcc -O  -o exim_dbmbuild  exim_dbmbuild.c \
>   -lsocket -lnsl -lkstat
> In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:26,
>                  from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-
> solaris2.6/2.95.3/include
> /sys/stream.h:5,
>                  from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
>                  from /usr/include/netdb.h:96,
>                  from exim.h:74,
>                  from exim_dbmbuild.c:30:
> /usr/include/sys/model.h:6: parse error before `_SYS_MODEL_H'
> /usr/include/sys/model.h:12: syntax error before `extern'

This is complaining about problems in a system include file. That is
not anything Exim can have any influence on. It very strongly suggests
there is either something wrong with the gcc installation, or something
wrong with the system include files.

It's a while since I installed gcc, but I do recall that there is some
script that must be run right at the very end which makes modified
versions of some of the system include files. I cannot remember its
name, I'm afraid. You might like to check that your installation process
did run something like that.