Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED

Góra strony
Autor: Dave C.
Dla: Paul M Foster
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED
On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Paul M Foster wrote:

> [...]
> > contacted for relay, whereas the exim connection doesn't. Can anyone
> > tell me how to make Exim tell my ISP's SMTP server to _relay_ the mail?
> >
> > =================== sendmail SMTP dialog =======================
> >
> > foster@???... Connecting to smtp.quillandmouse.com via relay...
> > 220 agamemnon.cnchost.com ESMTP [ConcentricHost SMTP Relay 1.14] ready at
> > Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:40:50 -0500 (EST)
> > 250-agamemnon.cnchost.com Hello tamqfl1-ar4-076-029.tamqfl1.dsl.gtei.net
> > [4.41.76.29], pleased to meet you
> > 250-8BITMIME
> > 250-AUTH=LOGIN
> > 250-SIZE 10485760
> > 250-ONEX
> > 250-XUSR
> > 250 HELP
> > 250 <paulf@???>... Sender ok
> > 250 <foster@???>... Recipient ok
> > 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
> > 250 XAA08430 Message accepted for delivery
> > foster@???... Sent (XAA08430 Message accepted for delivery)
> > Closing connection to smtp.quillandmouse.com
> > 221 agamemnon.cnchost.com closing connection
> >
> > =========================== exim SMTP dialog ===========================
> >
> > Exim version 3.33 debug level 1 uid=500 gid=500
> > Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (January 24, 2001)
> > LOG: 0 MAIN
> >   <= paulf@??? U=paulf P=local S=352
> > delivering message 1623V0-0006pu-00
> > Connecting to zealous.cnchost.com [207.155.252.26.25] ... connected
> >   SMTP<< 220 zealous.cnchost.com ESMTP [ConcentricHost SMTP MX 1.27]
> >   ready at Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:41:53 -0500 (EST)
> >   SMTP>> EHLO quillandmouse.com
> >   SMTP<< 250-zealous.cnchost.com Hello
> >   tamqfl1-ar4-076-029.tamqfl1.dsl.gtei.net [4.41.76.29], pleased to meet you
> >          250-8BITMIME
> >          250-SIZE 10485760
> >          250-ONEX
> >          250-XUSR
> >          250 HELP
> >   SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<paulf@???> SIZE=1388
> >   SMTP<< 250 <paulf@???>... Sender ok
> >   SMTP>> RCPT TO:<foster@???>
> >   SMTP<< 553 <foster@???>... Not server for owlriver.com
> >   SMTP>> QUIT
> > LOG: 0 MAIN
> >   ** foster@??? R=smart_route T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote
> >   mailer after RCPT TO:<foster@???>: host zealous.cnchost.com
> >   [207.155.252.26]: 553 <foster@???>... Not server for owlriver.com

> > ========================== end dialogs ===============================
> >
> > Paul
> >

> Apparently, the answer to this is to omit the line
>
> hosts_override
>
> from the remote_smtp transport. I put this line in when I was
> experimenting with Exim a while back, and found that, instead of
> delivering to smtp.quillandmouse.com, Exim was attempting to deliver to
> the individual domains of the recipients. I thought this line would fix
> that problem. Apparently, this parameter forces the remote smtp server
> to accept destination addresses as an endpoint, rather than relaying

Uhm, no. You cant force a remote SMTP server to do anything. It has its
own ideas on who to allow to relay, and who not to. Look at the previous
answer to your problem, where you were comparing exim and sendmails
bahavior - but you were not talking to the same server in both cases -
if you had been, the results would have been the same for exim and
sendmail - its the different servers that was causing the problem (eg,
one was letting you relay, the other was not), rather than any
difference between sendmail and exim - there is no hidden exchange - the
debug information you posted was EVERYTHING that exim/sendmail and the
remote server exchanged - they sent the same commands...