Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul M Foster
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP - ANSWERED
On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 01:49:30AM -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:

> I'm attempting to convert from sendmail to exim. All local mail should
> be delivered locally. All non-local mail should go to my ISP for relay.
> My ISP domain is quillandmouse.com. Under sendmail, mail sent to my ISP
> for relay was fine. But under Exim, my ISP's SMTP server won't relay it.
> Below are the relevant dialogs, sendmail compared to exim. Note that the
> connection for sendmail specifically states that the smarthost is being
> contacted for relay, whereas the exim connection doesn't. Can anyone
> tell me how to make Exim tell my ISP's SMTP server to _relay_ the mail?
>
> =================== sendmail SMTP dialog =======================
>
> foster@???... Connecting to smtp.quillandmouse.com via relay...
> 220 agamemnon.cnchost.com ESMTP [ConcentricHost SMTP Relay 1.14] ready at
> Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:40:50 -0500 (EST)
> 250-agamemnon.cnchost.com Hello tamqfl1-ar4-076-029.tamqfl1.dsl.gtei.net
> [4.41.76.29], pleased to meet you
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250-AUTH=LOGIN
> 250-SIZE 10485760
> 250-ONEX
> 250-XUSR
> 250 HELP
> 250 <paulf@???>... Sender ok
> 250 <foster@???>... Recipient ok
> 354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
> 250 XAA08430 Message accepted for delivery
> foster@???... Sent (XAA08430 Message accepted for delivery)
> Closing connection to smtp.quillandmouse.com
> 221 agamemnon.cnchost.com closing connection
>
> =========================== exim SMTP dialog ===========================
>
> Exim version 3.33 debug level 1 uid=500 gid=500
> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (January 24, 2001)
> LOG: 0 MAIN
>   <= paulf@??? U=paulf P=local S=352
> delivering message 1623V0-0006pu-00
> Connecting to zealous.cnchost.com [207.155.252.26.25] ... connected
>   SMTP<< 220 zealous.cnchost.com ESMTP [ConcentricHost SMTP MX 1.27]
>   ready at Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:41:53 -0500 (EST)
>   SMTP>> EHLO quillandmouse.com
>   SMTP<< 250-zealous.cnchost.com Hello
>   tamqfl1-ar4-076-029.tamqfl1.dsl.gtei.net [4.41.76.29], pleased to meet you
>          250-8BITMIME
>          250-SIZE 10485760
>          250-ONEX
>          250-XUSR
>          250 HELP
>   SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<paulf@???> SIZE=1388
>   SMTP<< 250 <paulf@???>... Sender ok
>   SMTP>> RCPT TO:<foster@???>
>   SMTP<< 553 <foster@???>... Not server for owlriver.com
>   SMTP>> QUIT
> LOG: 0 MAIN
>   ** foster@??? R=smart_route T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote
>   mailer after RCPT TO:<foster@???>: host zealous.cnchost.com
>   [207.155.252.26]: 553 <foster@???>... Not server for owlriver.com

> ========================== end dialogs ===============================
>
> Paul

Apparently, the answer to this is to omit the line

hosts_override

from the remote_smtp transport. I put this line in when I was
experimenting with Exim a while back, and found that, instead of
delivering to smtp.quillandmouse.com, Exim was attempting to deliver to
the individual domains of the recipients. I thought this line would fix
that problem. Apparently, this parameter forces the remote smtp server
to accept destination addresses as an endpoint, rather than relaying
them.

Paul