Re: [Exim] Exim + Virtual POP accounts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: V. T. Mueller
Para: Odhiambo Washington
CC: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim + Virtual POP accounts
On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> I am looking at setting up virtual mailboxes but I must first seek advise because
> I've never had a go at it. If this is a FAQ somewhere I'll just be as glad to head
> there. This is going to be my first attempt at this, on a FreeBSD platform.

There are a ton mails, examples, howtos and whatever on this topic in the
list's archive. You probably better start there - you're doubtless welcome
to ask again if you encounter any problem. It virtually doesn't matter
which OS you choose, although I've heard that FreeBSD is one of the most
reliant PC based OSs. The crucial point I guess will be the question
whether to use a database, files or maybe PAM for authentication, but this
depends on your overall environment. Noone here can really help you
without knowing about your whole setup. And doing _your_ job is not
_their_ duty. Get ideas from the archive, choose your way and start
implementing. If you'll get stuck, there is someone out here to help you
out.

And *please* - never do any crosspostings!

Cheers,
vt

--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

             "problems are just opportunities in work cloth"