Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tabor J. Wells
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Paul M Foster
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Relaying at ISP SMTP
On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 01:49:30AM -0500,
Paul M Foster <paulf@???> is thought to have said:

> I'm attempting to convert from sendmail to exim. All local mail should
> be delivered locally. All non-local mail should go to my ISP for relay.
> My ISP domain is quillandmouse.com. Under sendmail, mail sent to my ISP
> for relay was fine. But under Exim, my ISP's SMTP server won't relay it.
> Below are the relevant dialogs, sendmail compared to exim. Note that the
> connection for sendmail specifically states that the smarthost is being
> contacted for relay, whereas the exim connection doesn't. Can anyone
> tell me how to make Exim tell my ISP's SMTP server to _relay_ the mail?
>
> =================== sendmail SMTP dialog =======================
>
> foster@???... Connecting to smtp.quillandmouse.com via relay...
> 220 agamemnon.cnchost.com ESMTP [ConcentricHost SMTP Relay 1.14] ready at Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:40:50 -0500 (EST)

> SMTP<< 220 zealous.cnchost.com ESMTP [ConcentricHost SMTP MX 1.27] ready at Thu, 8 Nov 2001 23:41:53 -0500 (EST)

Notice that you're connecting to two different servers here, one of which
appears to be configured as an outbound relay for you and one which is
apparantly one of Concentric's inbound MX's and will only handle mail for
the domains it knows about.

Make sure that your exim config is punting it's non-local mail to the
correct server for relaying. You should be able to use a router like the
following:

smart_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * smtp.quillandmouse.com bydns_a

See the exim spec chapter 28 for details.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality