Re: [Exim] RCPT TO 501 error (for address include space char…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Exim Users Mailing List
題目: Re: [Exim] RCPT TO 501 error (for address include space character)
[ On Saturday, November 17, 2001 at 19:51:36 (+0900), Augus wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] RCPT TO 501 error (for address include space character)
>
> The following command is accepted by qmail or sendmail.
> rcpt to:<anyone any@domain>
>
> But in exim, it has not performed by displaying the next error.
> 501 <anyone any@domain>: "@" or "." expected after "anyone"
>
> Although transmission will be stopped, if MUA receives 501 errors,
> it is not operation to desire.

Perhaps this somewhat different wording for the same error will
illustrate the problem better:

    501 5.1.7 '<anyone any@domain>' address parse error: invalid character in unquoted mailbox local part.

Postfix similarly says:

    501 Bad address syntax

> Is there any method of corresponding by the exim side?

I should hope not -- this is a client problem, not an Exim, Smail, or
Postfix problem. Local parts containing non-alphanumeric characters
must be quoted, like this:

    RCPT TO:<"anyone any"@domain>
    250 Ok

--