Re: [Exim] transferring a mailbox to anopther machine

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steven A. Reisman
A: Leonardo Boselli
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] transferring a mailbox to anopther machine
On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 02:33:13PM +0100, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> The problem look simple:
> I have in /var/spool/username a mailbox, quite large, with tens of
> thousands of messages.
> I have to transfer to another machine, possibly by filtering with
> procmail.
> The easier thing seems to be via smtp, sending every single
> messages. The thing that does not look clear to me is how to
> manage it
> that is a command that read the mailbox, splitting the files and
> then feeding any one to smtp (or calling exim directly)
> Any suggestion ?

procmail's "formail" command with the -s option can be used to split up
the contents of a mailbox and pipe each message to a program such as exim.

> Leonardo Boselli

Steve

Steven A. Reisman          <sar@???>           P.O. Box 409
PressEnter LLP                                        421 N 2nd Street
715-426-2100 or 651-436-5254                    River Falls, WI  54022