re. [Exim] exim 3.33 not trying multiple MX records (?) - Su…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Randy Banks
To: exim-users
Vecchi argomenti: [Exim] exim 3.33 not trying multiple MX records (?)
Oggetto: re. [Exim] exim 3.33 not trying multiple MX records (?) - Summary
All -

Many thanks to all of you who replied to my original message (appended)

The consensus seems to be that the only thing which is still broken is
the remote site which seems to be improperly using a 520 reply to force
deliveries to be routed through one of two other hosts (in my example,
back.up1 and back.up2). A domainlist router has sorted this out (on a
temporary basis, I hope).

We were able to ignore the problem to this point only through our
rigourous and disciplined approach to upgrades, as exim did not
immediately stop delivery attempts on receipt of a 5xx reply until
version 3.166.

"9. Exim was treating a 5xx response on connection to an SMTP server,
or in response to HELO, in the same way as a connection failure - that
is, as a temporary error, causing the message to be tried again later.
It now bounces all the addresses in these situations." (thank you PH
for pointing this out)

Many thanks, in particular, to:

John Lane <john.lane@???>
Eric Kuzniar <kuzniar@???>