[Exim] parse errors compiling Exim 3.33

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Boyle
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] parse errors compiling Exim 3.33
Hello,

I'm attempting to compile exim 3.33 on a solaris 2.6 system. The
architecture is SPARC.

I've scanned the archive and although I've not found an exact match
to the errors I'm getting - the ones that are there suggest a faulty
gcc compiler.

I've since reinstalled the same compiler, removed it and installed an
older version. I get exactly the same compile error.

I suspect something wrong with the dbm setup, but there may be
something simple that you lot out there have come across in the
past but isn't in an obvious place in the archive.

Errors are as follows:

/usr/local/bin/gcc -O  -o exim_dbmbuild  exim_dbmbuild.c \
  -lsocket -lnsl -lkstat
In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:26,
                 from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-
solaris2.6/2.95.3/include
/sys/stream.h:5,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
                 from /usr/include/netdb.h:96,
                 from exim.h:74,
                 from exim_dbmbuild.c:30:
/usr/include/sys/model.h:6: parse error before `_SYS_MODEL_H'
/usr/include/sys/model.h:12: syntax error before `extern'
In file included from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-
solaris2.6/2.95.3/include
/sys/stream.h:5,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
                 from /usr/include/netdb.h:96,
                 from exim.h:74,
                 from exim_dbmbuild.c:30:
/usr/include/sys/stream.h:65: syntax error before `typedef'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `exim_dbmbuild'
Current working directory /var/spool/pkg/exim-3.33/build-SunOS5-
5.6-sparc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `go'

regards in anticipation

john

John Boyle

J.Boyle@???
Information Technology Support & Development Dept.
SAC, Cronin Building, Auchincruive, AYR KA6 5HW, Scotland
Tel 01292 525144 Fax 01292 525211

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this
email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing client
engagement letter.