Re: [Exim] Question for Sheldon re: "Checking for rejected m…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Juha Saarinen
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Question for Sheldon re: "Checking for rejected mail hosts"

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:29:24 +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> The /etc/periodic/460.status-mail-rejects script is too "Sendmailist" --
> it parses /var/log/maillog (and the gzipped archives thereof), but not
> /var/log/exim/rejectlog. Easy enough to fix manually, but shouldn't the
> installation script for the Exim port take care of that?

No. Only very special ports should mess around with components of the
base system.

Editing stuff in /etc is very hard to do properly in the ports tree in
such a way as to ensure that when you remove the ports you've installed,
your system is back the way it was.

If you send me a patch, I'll gladly have the port install it into
${PREFIX}/share/doc/exim along with POST-INSTALL-NOTES.

Ciao,
Sheldon.