Re: [Exim] RBL Question and LDAP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Aly S.P Dharshi
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL Question and LDAP
On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:51:56AM -0700,
Aly S.P Dharshi <aly.dharshi@???> is thought to have said:

> Hello Exim Mail Gurus,
>
>     I hope that you are well this fine Wednesday day. I have 2 questions,
> RTFM and such flames are welcome if I seem to be asking a rather trivial
> question.

>     Firstly we are going to rebuild Exim with LDAP support anybody use the
> Netscape Iplanet software ? Any caveats that I should be aware of ? Does it
> work right of the bat ?

Pretty much trivial. Just pay attention to building it using the appropriate
libraries as defined in your Local/Makefile

There are lots of examples in the list archives, on the site, in the config
samples and (presumably) in the book on how to use ldap lookups.

>     Second question, we use RBL options to acually lock out spams and open
> relays and stuff like that, but we have a site that is listed on ORBZ but we
> would still like to recieve their mail, how would we build a list of sites
> that we would accept mail from despite them being on these RBL sites as well
> as reject the ones we don't want mail from and are on the RBL sites as usual
> ?

rbl_hosts allows negation. For example I do:

rbl_hosts = "! 10.0.0.0/8 : ! net32-dbm;/etc/exim/db/whitelist.db : \
             0.0.0.0/0"

Which means, don't lookup my internal net. Don't lookup individual hosts
I've specifically whitelisted in a db file, and lookup everything else.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality