Re: [Exim] exchange and multidrop

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exchange and multidrop
On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 11:17, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Solution: Use an intermediate alias. If user A is aliased to M and user
> B is also aliased to M and a message arrives which is addressed to both
> A and B, only one copy will get delivered because of Exim's
> de-dupliction logic. Then you arrange for M to be delivered into your
> funny mailbox.

I'd argue the correct solution is never ever ever do redelivery based on
the To/Cc headers on the message - it is a great way to louse up.

What happens if someone forwards on a message using an MUA bounce
function (ie send the whole message with headers on giving a different
delivery address to the MTA).

What about mailing lists.

This stuff doesn't work, and only an idiot would suggest it is a
reasonable way of handling mail.

You *must* have the envelope information available to do this sort of
forwarding.

    Nigel.