Re: [Exim] exchange and multidrop

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exchange and multidrop
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I don't know what a "multidrop-account" is.

in the sense i'm using it, a multidrop account is something which is
the final destination for several mail addresses, but it does not
neccessarily have any information on to whom the original mail was
addressed (as opposed to a groupmail account, which indeed does have).

so far, noone objected against this "definition" (i'd actually like to
hear other points on this...)

> A Guess: What you mean by "multidrop" is a mailbox which is read by
> some fetchmail-like thing, which takes the recipients from the To: or
> Cc: fields in the message. You have set up Exim to deliver messages for

this is unreliable (just think mailing lists, if nothing else). in my
practice, i usually put in an extra delivered-to header (or just use
exim to envelope_to_add).

--
[-]