[Exim] exim 3.33 not trying multiple MX records (?)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Randy Banks
Para: exim-users
Temas novos: re. [Exim] exim 3.33 not trying multiple MX records (?) - Summary
Asunto: [Exim] exim 3.33 not trying multiple MX records (?)
All -

Many apologies for troubling you, but we have a problem which has come
up only since our recent upgrade from version 2.05 to 3.33. In
particular:

I am trying to mail to a user in domain foo.bar which has three MX
records, e.g. ...

host foo.bar ... MX=0
host back.up1 ... MX=10
host back.up2 ... MX=20

... none of which are broken.

In order to deliver mail to user@???, exim first tries to connect
to foo.bar but is blocked with an error 520 "Connection not authorised
from this address." Exim does not then proceed to connect to back.up1
or back.up2, but gives up the ghost and returns an failed message
report back to the sender.

No such problems were reported prior to our upgrade, and our (fairly
simple) configuration file was only minimally changed by the convert4r3
script. I have RTFM, RTVFB (very fine book) amd searched the archives
to no avail. I have also tried explicitly setting hosts_max_try = 5,
also to no avail.

Any and all assistance would be welcome; further details can be
supplied on request.

Many TIA for your help and many apologies in advance if I've missed
something blatantly obvious.

randy

Randy Banks (randy@???)
ISER, University of Essex
Colchester, Essex, UK CO4 3SQ
tel: +44 (0)1206 873 067; fax: +44 (0)1206 873 151