著者: Juha Saarinen
To: Odhiambo Washington
CC: exim-users@exim.org
題目: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
Hi there,

Keep it simple, and only use RPM packages, not tarballs, for Red Hack
installations. Then, do:

    rpm -qa | grep sendmail

to find out how many sendmail-related packages you have installed (it was
a long time since I exorcised it, so I can't recall if there are more than
one).

Get rid of each with 'rpm -e'. Then, do 'rpm -ivh exim*.rpm' to install
the Exim packages which, if they're properly rolled-up, will contain the
start-up etc. scripts. Don't do any manual copying, deletion or
symlinking.

To make sure that Exim runs at start-up, use either the 'ntsysv' (ncurses
interface) or chkconfig (CLI) tools, both of which are used to manage the
rc{number}.d directory scripts.

--
Regards,

Juha