著者: Dave C.
To: Odhiambo Washington
CC: Yann Golanski, Dr Andrew C Aitchison, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> * Yann Golanski <yann@???> [20011109 14:18]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux'
> | Quoth Dr Andrew C Aitchison on Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:09:52AM +0000
> | > .. until you upgrade the machine and the sendmail upgrade
> | > walks all over exim. Wake up before you upgrade sendmail :-)
> |
> | If there is no RPM for sendmail, then redhat won't complain. Of course
> | you can use the amazingly poor and crap up2date script.... *sigh*
>
> Hi
>
> It's not as easy as I thought!!
> I've gone through the following steps but still sendmail starts...
>
> cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> mv sendmail sendmail.20011109
> ln -s exim.sh sendmail
>
> cd /usr/sbin
> mv sendmail sendmail-bin.20011109
> ln -s /usr/exim/bin/exim sendmail
>

> What's wrong with this sendmail monster, gentlemen??
>
> Or put another way, what is wrong with me?

First:

rpm -e sendmail

Now sendmail is completely gone, and cannot start. There is no reason
for it to be on the system at all if you are using exim, as exim will do
everything sendmail would have..

Make sure you make symlinks to exim from /usr/sbin/sendmail and maybe
/usr/lib/sendmail. I like to make a link from /usr/sbin/mailq too, to
easily see the queue.

Now, find one of the exim init.d scripts, and install it in
/etc/rc.d/init.s

Now do chkconfig --list, and look for the exim script.

Then do something like:

chkconfig --level 345 exim on