Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: bcsi1
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Odhiambo Washington
Υ/ο: Yann Golanski, Madan Rai, Tamas TEVESZ, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
That's what I did on my SCO Openserver system. It works fine except I
had to edit the script a bit because of the start/stop logic. It was
using a 'ps .. | awk ...' type script to find the process id of
"sendmail". I just linked the sendmail.pid to the exim.pid file and
changed the script to "kill `cat /etc/sendmail.pid`. That way, if I ever
had to go back to sendmail (which I did; long story) everything would
still work.

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> * Yann Golanski <yann@???> [20011109 13:44]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux'
> | Quoth Tamas TEVESZ on Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:29:33AM +0100

> | > i don't know much about redhat's init system, but i think you have to
> | > play with the thing named chkconfig (it's used to manipulate
> | > startup/shutdown links for the rc?.d directories - it's sysv init
> | > there, you know :)
> |
> | Simplest way is to remove sendmial from your system while keepingthe
> | /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail file and linking exim to /usr/lib/sendmial
>
> Guys, I think this one is a very bright idea. Simply link exim to
> /usr/lib/sendmail and go to sleep ;)
>
> |(or some such -- see the /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail file). Otherwise, you
> | could create your own /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim file taking the sendmail as
> | an example and symlink it to where it needs to go.
>
> I did this but the /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim is directly taken out of FreeBSD
> box and doesn't do those myriad checks I see in /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail.
>
> I'll go for your OPT.1
>
> TIA
>
> -Wash
>
> S y s t e m s A d m i n i s t r a t o r
> --
>
> Odhiambo Washington     /"\     RED Ribbon Campaign
> Wananchi Online Ltd.,   \ /     Against AIDS.
> PO Box 10286,            X      "Help fight the scourge -
> 00100 NAIROBI, KE.      / \     use a condom if you _must_"
> Tel: 254 2 313 985-9

> ++
> The end of the world will occur at 3:00 p.m., this Friday, with
> symposium to follow.

Frank S. Bernhardt
b.c.s.i.
14 Halton Court