著者: Nils Ketelsen
To: Gary Mason
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] A beginners confusion ....
On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:11:16PM -0000, Gary Mason wrote:

> My confusion comes with the fact that the process table shows the sendmail
> line, as expected, but still includes the old sendmail command line options
> -bd -q15m -om. If I change the sendmail configuration file in
> /etc/rc.config, then these changes appear when I restart the sendmail run
> script. Does Exim still use the sendmail configuration file as well as it's
> own configuration file, or am I doing something very wrong here.

What you got wrong seems to be one simple thing: /etc/rc.config is NOT the
Sendmail configuration file. In your case it simply is used in the
/etc/init.d scripts to find the commandlinearguments used at starting
sendmail -- which in your case is no sendmail anymore, but an exim.

> The reason I ask is that when I send emails, whether to local or remote
> domains, they always get sent straight away. I wanted local emails to be
> delivered immediately, but remote emails to wait until the q15m forced a
> send. I am sure that the sendmail configuration file is set up correctly to
> do that (SENDMAIL_EXPENSIVE = YES and SENDMAIL_LOCALHOST set to my local
> host name).

These options are used to create a sendmail.cf, which is not used by your
exim. Wouldn't be too useful anyway.

The rc.config file is some "doitall in one file" invented by SuSE. Works, if
you only use stadardconfigs (SuSE decides what the standard is). Is a major
cause for headaches, when you start sing options, SuSE does not consider
standard.

> Please let me know what files are really being used. I am happy enopugh to
> try and work out the Exim configuration from the FAQ's if it over-rides any
> sendmail settings.

What files are used depends on your Local/Makefile heavily.

Best regards,
Nils

--
All persons have the right to be attracted to other objects in accordance
with the Laws of Gravity.