Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
On Fri, 2001-11-09 at 11:27, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> It's not as easy as I thought!!
> I've gone through the following steps but still sendmail starts...
>
> cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> mv sendmail sendmail.20011109
> ln -s exim.sh sendmail
>
> cd /usr/sbin
> mv sendmail sendmail-bin.20011109
> ln -s /usr/exim/bin/exim sendmail
>

> What's wrong with this sendmail monster, gentlemen??

Easy - its still installed.

    rpm --erase sendmail

and all your problems will go away :-)

Seriously, you are making real work for yourself here. If you don't
want sendmail, then take it off the system. Even better use an exim rpm
too - which will force the removal of sendmail since its set to conflict
with it - and for free gives you the startup scripts.

Even better, with the RH 7.2 upgrade, RH no longer helpfully puts
sendmail back again on a system with exim installed.

    Nigel.