Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Odhiambo Washington, Dr Andrew C Aitchison, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
Quoth Odhiambo Washington on Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 02:27:19PM +0300
> It's not as easy as I thought!!
> I've gone through the following steps but still sendmail starts...
>
> cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
> mv sendmail sendmail.20011109
> ln -s exim.sh sendmail
>
> cd /usr/sbin
> mv sendmail sendmail-bin.20011109
> ln -s /usr/exim/bin/exim sendmail
>

> What's wrong with this sendmail monster, gentlemen??

Something akin to the following should work...

# cp /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail-OLD
# find /etc/rc.d/ -name sendmail -print > $HOME/file
# rpm -remove --force --doitdammit --yesIfuckingmeanit sendmail
# cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
# cp /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail-OLD exim

Make sure all the links are set up as they were when sendmail was
there.. they are all in the $HOME/file place.

Check that everything in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim is linked to
something that works.

# reboot

Exim should now be starting.

> Or put another way, what is wrong with me?

*grin* pass...

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.