Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
* Dr Andrew C Aitchison <A.C.Aitchison@???> [20011109 14:09]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux'
| On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
|
| > Guys, I think this one is a very bright idea. Simply link exim to
| > /usr/lib/sendmail and go to sleep ;)
|
| .. until you upgrade the machine and the sendmail upgrade
| walks all over exim. Wake up before you upgrade sendmail :-)

Okay. How about this:

cd /etc/rc.d/init.d

ln -fs exim.sh sendmail

and leave everything else intact. I hope sendmail will agree to
sleep, no??

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--

Odhiambo Washington    /"\    RED Ribbon Campaign
Wananchi Online Ltd.,    \ /    Against AIDS.

++
The misnaming of fields of study is so common as to lead to what might
be general systems laws.  For example, Frank Harary once suggested the
law that any field that had the word "science" in its name was
guaranteed thereby not to be a science.  He would cite as examples
Military Science, Library Science, Political Science, Homemaking
Science, Social Science, and Computer Science.  Discuss the generality
of this law, and possible reasons for its predictive
power.
        -- Gerald Weinberg, "An Introduction to General Systems
           Thinking."