著者: Odhiambo Washington
To: Yann Golanski
CC: Madan Rai, Tamas TEVESZ, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
* Yann Golanski <yann@???> [20011109 13:44]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux'
| Quoth Tamas TEVESZ on Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:29:33AM +0100
| > On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
| >
| > > I'mnot lazy. I am only not quite familiar with many aspects of
| > > Linux. We have a Redhat box here which I'd like to run Exim on. I
| > > have compiled Exim and even configured it. My only problem is how
| > > to make the system run Exim every startup and _not_ sendmail. I'd
| > > like to do away with sendmail. Of late I've come to know about the
| > > run levels but I am wondering if its sufficient to replace the
| > > sendmail startup script with the Exim one - exim.sh as seen on BSD
| > > systems.
| > i don't know much about redhat's init system, but i think you have to
| > play with the thing named chkconfig (it's used to manipulate
| > startup/shutdown links for the rc?.d directories - it's sysv init
| > there, you know :)
|
| Simplest way is to remove sendmial from your system while keepingthe
| /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail file and linking exim to /usr/lib/sendmial

Guys, I think this one is a very bright idea. Simply link exim to
/usr/lib/sendmail and go to sleep ;)

|(or some such -- see the /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail file). Otherwise, you
| could create your own /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim file taking the sendmail as
| an example and symlink it to where it needs to go.

I did this but the /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim is directly taken out of FreeBSD
box and doesn't do those myriad checks I see in /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail.

I'll go for your OPT.1

TIA

-Wash

S y s t e m s A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--

Odhiambo Washington    /"\    RED Ribbon Campaign
Wananchi Online Ltd.,    \ /    Against AIDS.

++
The end of the world will occur at 3:00 p.m., this Friday, with
symposium to follow.