Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Tamas TEVESZ
Cc: Odhiambo Washington, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim on Redhat Linux
Quoth Tamas TEVESZ on Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:29:33AM +0100
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> > I'mnot lazy. I am only not quite familiar with many aspects of
> > Linux. We have a Redhat box here which I'd like to run Exim on. I
> > have compiled Exim and even configured it. My only problem is how
> > to make the system run Exim every startup and _not_ sendmail. I'd
> > like to do away with sendmail. Of late I've come to know about the
> > run levels but I am wondering if its sufficient to replace the
> > sendmail startup script with the Exim one - exim.sh as seen on BSD
> > systems.
> i don't know much about redhat's init system, but i think you have to
> play with the thing named chkconfig (it's used to manipulate
> startup/shutdown links for the rc?.d directories - it's sysv init
> there, you know :)

Simplest way is to remove sendmial from your system while keepingthe
/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail file and linking exim to /usr/lib/sendmial (or
some such -- see the /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail file). Otherwise, you
could create your own /etc/rc.d/init.d/exim file taking the sendmail as
an example and symlink it to where it needs to go.

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.