Re: FW: [Exim] RH7.2 packages of Exim 3.33-4 and What this …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Aan: Karl Schmidt
CC: Exim (E-mail)
Onderwerp: Re: FW: [Exim] RH7.2 packages of Exim 3.33-4 and What this mail list is for
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Karl Schmidt wrote:

> What IS missing are 'in context' conf examples that tie the documentation
> together (this flaw is not exclusive to Exim documentation). It took me more
> than 8 hours to get tls working. An example conf would have turned that into
> 15 minutes. The only way I was able to figure out what was wrong, was by a
> note by a similarly frustrated sole on a Debian site. I don't think I had a
> hard time because I'm stupid.

I'm not certain from this whether you have found:
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/config.samples.tar.gz
which is a collection of example configurations in the main exim
distrubition archive.

I must confess to not having looked at the Exim book yet,
but I believe that it includes worked example configurations.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna