Re: [Exim] bsmtp delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christian Froemmel
A: Martin Cameron
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] bsmtp delivery
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Martin Cameron wrote:

Hi,

> I have been trying to get email deleiveredd to a school that is
> using Microsoft Exchange Server from our Exim mail server.

Well, I don't know if there are any Problems with ETRN && Exchange-
Server.

>     smtp_etrn_hosts=bsmtp.thenet.co.nz # the DNS record points
> bsmtp.thenet.co.nz to our mail server
>     smtp_etrn_command = /etc/exim/etrn_script $domain

Does the client always have this ip "bsmtp.thenet.co.nz" ? Because only
to this host the server announces ETRN.

> Unfortunately, while mail is delivered into the mail box
> (/var/spool/etrn/bsmtp.thenet.co.nz) it is undeliverable to the school.
> When The school attempts to log on, the mail is not delivered.

What does your logs say when the client tries to ETRN the maildomain ? I
had a similar problem and posted a small addition to C037 yesterday.

> If I run the etrn_script from the command line, it wipes the mail
> box but still doesn't deliver the mail. The next time mail is
> attempted to be delivered to the mailbox, an error is returned which
> basically freezes the mail because there is no file in
> /var/spool/etrn/ to take the mail. I have to touch the mailbox to
> allow the mail to be delivered to it again.

Hm, maybe you should test your setup while changing the "mv blabla" in
the etrn-script to "cp blabla". Then the mail is not wiped at
script-start. After that try to run this on the server:

su <user-which-exim-runs-under> -c "/etc/exim/etrn_script $domain"

and take a look at the error-messages (if there are some), this pointed
some errors out in my setup. exim does not log those script-errors after
launching the script.

regards Christian
--
Mailadministrator of the Clinic of Medicine "Benjamin Franklin" Berlin