[Exim] Revealing log entries

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Revealing log entries
I've only searched the mailing list archives in my memory. Sorry.

I note that when there is an error to be logged involving an LDAP query,
the entire query setup is logged, including the user= and pass= values if
authentication is being done.

The context I'm seeing this in is the fairly unusual case of a query which
sets the middle part of a route-list entry, in a domainlist router. [In my
last example, the actual failure was due to faulty permissions on a file
used in an lsearch lookup embedded in the fail "side" of the LDAP query.]

As an Exim 4 wish-list item--if this hasn't already been dealt with, it
would be well to obscure the user= and pass= option values in these log
entries, I think.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA