Re: [Exim] Dependencies for compiling 3.3x?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Łukasz Grochal
Aan: Jeff Green
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Dependencies for compiling 3.3x?
Jeff Green <jeff@???> writes:

> I'm attempting to build 3.33 from source on a Debian Potato machine,
> and finding several undefined references.

Yes, this _is_ a pain in the [....]

> This would be a much simpler task if I could find a list of library
> version dependencies available somewhere. Most of these seem to be
> resolved by manually updating the libraries to Woody release

Which is definitevely _not_ a good idea. You then find yourself
(as I personally do ;) manually recompiling them whenever there
is a new version. Anyways, unless you really need [foo]sql, ldap
and other bells and whistles, all you really need is openssl 0.9.6.
And - of course - you have to use your own EDITME with all the
unnecessary stuff disabled.

If you're interested in what I managed to achieve, please look at
<ftp://ftp.rotfl.eu.org/pub/debian-custom/>. You'll need exim 3.33
and libssl0.9.6 0.9.6 deb-s from there. If you are interested in
source packages, please write me, I'll put them somewhere for you.

--
(-) Łukasz Grochal                                  lukie@???