Re: [Exim] tmda question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason R. Mastaler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] tmda question
nbecker@??? writes:

> It says it works with exim. The suggested installation says to add
> yourself to trusted_users. I don't really like that idea very much,
> and I suspect it isn't needed.

It is only needed if you want to "tag" your outgoing messages from
your MUA. Unless the user is "trusted", Exim doesn't seem to allow
use of the `-f' option which TMDA uses this to set the message's
envelope sender address. Why do suspect this isn't needed? Is there
another way to allow users access to the `-f' option without making
them trusted?

Also, the server side (incoming) of TMDA doesn't care whether the user
account is "trusted" or not.

This is explained at:
<http://software.libertine.org/tmda/config-pre.html>

> Has anyone tried this, or maybe could outline what I need to do?

AFAIK, there aren't yet any TMDA users running Exim as the first
Exim-compatible release was just released yesterday.

Also, if you have non-Exim-specific questions about TMDA, one of the
TMDA mailing lists would be the more appropriate place. See:
<http://software.libertine.org/tmda/lists.html>

Cheers.