Re: [Exim] Re: Backup Mail Server

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Odhiambo Washington
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tamas TEVESZ
Kopio: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Re: Backup Mail Server
* Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> [20011105 17:28]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Re: Backup Mail Server'
| On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
|
| > I have done that. Since the main server for wananchi.com also relays for
| > several other domains that we host, this would also require me to specify
| > these domains for relay, yes?
|
| not neccesarily, see relay_domains_include_local_mx (or sg like that),
| which is a handy option (although i don't use it myself, i prefer do
| things by hand)
|
| > What would be the difference in handling these domains and the main wananchi.com,
| > which has our users accounts?
|
| those domains are not local to your main mail server (i presume),
| while wananchi.com is ?

| or else i don't really understand what you mean :)

Some of these domains are local to my main server. They are virtual domains
which deliver to local mailboxes. There are also the other domains for which
wananchi.com is the secondary MX. For these ones I do queue their mail, which
they then retrieve by ETRN

I hope that sounds sane of me ;)

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--
                                              ~\\_
 Odhiambo Washington                            \\\\

+++
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies.
        -- The Book of Bokonon / Kurt Vonnegut Jr.