Re: [Exim] exim-newbie needs your advice

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] exim-newbie needs your advice
On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 11:54:40AM -0000, Batchelor, Jonathan wrote:
> Unless you use a service like dyndns.org although I don't know how reliable
> that is.

EVIL BAD AND WRONG for mail servers.

An MX host should be up >95% of the time, if you ask me. It's fine if it's
not and it's queuing outbound mail, but it seems very wrong to me for others
to have to queue mail for you simply because you're unable to find yourself
a proper mail server.

I also think that the kind of TTLs one should have on the MX and
corresponding A records should be reasonably high, which they won't be if
you're using such a service.

MBM