Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server
* V. T. Mueller <vtmue@???> [20011105 14:22]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server'
| On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
| > So is the concept of backup MX simply the ability of the server to hold
| > mails for your domain long enough before they are bounced back??
|
| This depends on how you distribute/deliver mails to your users.

Well, for the records I deliver to the standard mbox for local users.
I'm curious about the dependancy you just raised, in the light of this
fact that my e-mails are in /var/mail/$username.

| You maybe have to think over a few scripts to dynamically switch your
| POP/IMAP/whatever-server´s IP for example.

That would mean that I start delivering locally on the backup server???

| You can also set up a general HA system and put a few other services
| on it so it´s worth the time and money.

Okay, I must admit that I'm floating on this one. What is a HA system?

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--
                                              ~\\_
 Odhiambo Washington                            \\\\

+++
"His mind is like a steel trap -- full of mice"
        -- Foghorn Leghorn