Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server

Top Pagina
Auteur: Odhiambo Washington
Aan: Exim Users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server
* Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> [20011105 14:08]: writing on the subject 'Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server'
| On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
|
| > For the domain wananchi.com, I have 3 mail servers but I intend to have one
| > of those to be a backup MX.
| >
| > How do I configure Exim for that role? So that this server accepts mail for
| > the domain when the main one is unavailable, and avail those messages when
| > the main one comes up. It's this concept of backup MX that I've not quite
| > understood.
|
| you simply configure it to have wananchi.com in relay_domains, that
| should be it.

Okay. That's easy ;)

| if you feel like, you can set up a different retry rule for that
| domain (so, say, mails going to other domains will bounce back in 4d
| if they can't be delivered, mails going to wananchi.com will wait a
| week before doing so).

So is the concept of backup MX simply the ability of the server to hold
mails for your domain long enough before they are bounced back??

TIA

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n i s t r a t o r
--
                                              ~\\_
 Odhiambo Washington                            \\\\

+++
It's really quite a simple choice: Life, Death, or Los Angeles.