Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tamas TEVESZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Odhiambo Washington
Kopio: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Backup Mail Server
On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> For the domain wananchi.com, I have 3 mail servers but I intend to have one
> of those to be a backup MX.
>
> How do I configure Exim for that role? So that this server accepts mail for
> the domain when the main one is unavailable, and avail those messages when
> the main one comes up. It's this concept of backup MX that I've not quite
> understood.

you simply configure it to have wananchi.com in relay_domains, that
should be it.

if you feel like, you can set up a different retry rule for that
domain (so, say, mails going to other domains will bounce back in 4d
if they can't be delivered, mails going to wananchi.com will wait a
week before doing so).

--
[-]