[Exim] Mail System Design

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Stephen Malenshek
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [Exim] Mail System Design
I am sure that I am going to get yelled at, but I have been struggling with
this for weeks and I am unable to get this resolved. The following is what I
am trying to accomplish.

I have 3 machines doing the following functions:

    MTA01:        SMTP
    MTA-GTWY:    Virus Scanning Gateway using Exiscan
    POP3:        POP3 and Location to where all mail is to be sent for local delivery

I have basically two problems in this scenerio. First I am not able to make
MTA01 unconditionally send all mail that it accepts to MTA-GTWY for delivery.
I have went through the manuals, and I am sure that I am overlooking this
section to figure this out on my own, but I am not really finding it. I have
wondered if this is classified as a director or not.

Secondly, this is really not a problem, I am just basically not sure if this
is the proper way to make this work. I want everything for the
valuelinx.net to be delivered to POP3. I am sure that this is done primarily
in DNS, but I wanted to make sure there was not anything else that I need to
do to ensure this within exim itself. The following is the dig information
on our domain:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;valuelinx.net.                 IN      MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
valuelinx.net.          86400   IN      MX      10 smtp.valuelinx.net.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
valuelinx.net.          86400   IN      NS      ns3.valuelinx.net.
valuelinx.net.          86400   IN      NS      ns1.valuelinx.net.
valuelinx.net.          86400   IN      NS      ns2.valuelinx.net.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
smtp.valuelinx.net.     86400   IN      A       208.189.209.6
ns1.valuelinx.net.      86400   IN      A       208.189.209.2
ns2.valuelinx.net.      86400   IN      A       208.189.209.3
ns3.valuelinx.net.      86400   IN      A       208.189.209.4

I think this is correct, but I am just double checking. Presently I have a
single machine running sendmail and amavis. The server is totally getting
hammered and I am trying to implement this as a solution with the load
staggered across several machines so I will not have to deal with this for
quite a while. Thank you for bearing with me. I am very new to exim and
from what I have seen so far it is an exeptional product, I am just green.
Thanks again.