Re: [Exim] Forcing tls authentication

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Christopher Curtis
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Forcing tls authentication
On Sat, 3 Nov 2001, Christopher Curtis wrote:

> I have auth_always_advertise defaulted to true (per the docs) and in TLS
> mode Exim does say it supports 'AUTH LOGIN'. But the client doesn't do it
> volentarily, and Exim doesn't say, "No, no, you MUST authenticate". This
> problem exists with Mozilla (and there is an outstanding bug for it) but
> we can't rely on every MUA to not be broken =)

Well, as I said earlier, you can't actually say that to a client. All
you can do (all the protocol specifies) is to refuse to accept messages
from it. So I think your problem is with your client. If Exim advertises
AUTH LOGIN that's the best it can do. Exim 4 isn't going to help here,
because there's no other mechanism in SMTP.