著者: Jim Pazarena
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] return_size_limit problem
I have a user who is maintaining a small mailing list simply
by using a local dot forward file as a filter.
It has a command in it:

if error_message
   then deliver XXXXX.fqdn
        finish
endif

followed by the names in the list (some 20-30 names)

deliver xxx.fqdn
deliver xxx.fqdn

...etc

anyways, someone posting to the list sent some huge attachment which
*most* of the MTAs for the people on list are returning because it has
exceeded limits/quotas etc. (I don't impose a limit locally).

The list maintainer is receiving the FULL size of original message
for each bounce message from the various MTAs.

I have a command in my configure file:

return_size_limit=50K

... but it doesn't seem to have any effect; my customer is still getting
the 5Mb+ file returned.

What could be the problem?
--
Jim Pazarena    mailto:paz@qcislands.net