Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> It looks like exim doesn't reap children until piped input stops. Right
> now, my 'exim -bS -odqs' process is stuck in piperd state, and the
> injector won't continue because all the exim children that routed and
> queued messages thus far are in zombie state!

Ha! You are right. Pushing the envelope again. Exim doesn't reap such
children at all - I suppose I assumed that the submitting process would
be long gone.

It should be possible to put a simple non-blocking wait() call into the
loop right at the bottom of exim.c, but it's lunchtime here... I'll look
a bit more when I'm fed.