Re: [Exim] Failing procmail and continue processing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Matthew Bell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Failing procmail and continue processing
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Matthew Bell wrote:

> Is there any way to make a failed delivery by procmail (and in fact any pipe
> transport) not freeze the message to try again later but to continue
> processing the message using the next transport.

No. I'm afraid not.

> at the moment I'm giving
> out error code 1 from a procmail rc file. Basically I want to do this so I
> can have user local rc files but if they don't deliver the message I want it
> to do the default system wide attempt at delivering mail (this does not just
> mean real-localuser@???)
> Any ideas?

1. Configure the director that sends stuff to the file to be skipped if
the message has been on the queue for longer than some threshold time,
by referring to $message_age.

2. Make the pipe return a temporary error code when it fails. That
delivery will defer, but the next one will (if the timing is right) skip
the director and so go on to any others.

This is a nasty hack, of course.