Re: [Exim] Forcing tls authentication

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Christopher Curtis
Υ/ο: Exim Users Mailing List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Forcing tls authentication
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Christopher Curtis wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that Exim is broken in this regard. On a regular
> (non-TLS) conection, Exim can be configured to respond with an error:
>
>     4xx: AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED

> or whatever the exact text/error is. There's just no way to force this
> when using it over a TLS connection. Can it be put on the wishlist?

I think there's a misunderstanding here. The auth_hosts option should
apply whether or not a TLS connection is in use.

auth_over_tls_hosts forces TLS before AUTH.
auth_hosts forces AUTH before MAIL.

So if you want to force AUTH over TLS before MAIL, you need to set both
options.

It's all different in Exim 4, but the same facility will be available.