Re: [Exim] Exim on which CD-ROM?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] Exim on which CD-ROM?
On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 15:33, Dan Egli wrote:
> Ok. I've heard that Exim (which was formerly on the powertools)
> has been moved to the "Applications" cd in RedHat 7.2. Which
> Applications CD? I was thinking of buying 7.2, but I want to get the
> least expensive release that actually contains the exim RPMs. So is
> it 7.2 Standard or 7.2 Professional that has it?

Not an answer as such, other than to say that the standard installation
CD does not carry exim (because it clashes with sendmail (and postfix),
and the installer cannot cope with clashes against a base package).

However I have just rebuilt and uploaded the rpms against 7.2 onto
exim.org - ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/rpms-for-exim/rh7x
You want the rpms with the rh72 tag in the release field.

[Due to problems with other packages in the past - notably openssh -
which got *very* upset if the openssl packages were changed under it, I
put a hard dependancy on the exact version of openssl on the build
machine into the rpm. RH72 updated openssl so I need to rebuild exim to
handle those dependancies]

    Nigel.