著者: Christopher Curtis
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
題目: Re: [Exim] Forcing tls authentication
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Christopher Curtis wrote:
>
> > I want to act as an open relay for anyone who has authenticated themselves
> > using a TLS connection.
>
> > ... So everything is working, except the client did not authenticate, and
> > it doesn't seem exim even looked for an option to force it to.
>
> Exim cannot force it to. All it can do is to advertise that it supports
> LOGIN authentication. That is has done, in response to EHLO. It is up to
> the client to decide whether to use it or not. The problem here is in
> your client.

I'd like to suggest that Exim is broken in this regard. On a regular
(non-TLS) conection, Exim can be configured to respond with an error:

    4xx: AUTHENTICATION REQUIRED

or whatever the exact text/error is. There's just no way to force this
when using it over a TLS connection. Can it be put on the wishlist?

Thanks,
Christopher