Re: [Exim] environment vars & extension addresses

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jason R. Mastaler
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] environment vars & extension addresses
On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Jason R. Mastaler wrote:

> Excellent. Can this `environment' option be used in user's .forward
> (filter) files, or only in the Exim config file?

Only in the config.

> BTW, here is how I'm using it to add Postfix equivalent $EXTENSION and
> $RECIPIENT variables to the environment:

The problem with the word EXTENSION is that Exim supports both prefixes
and suffixes, and "extension" is an ambiguous term.

Other points noted for thought.

> > I'm always open-minded!
>
> That's a nice change of pace. Many MTA authors/maintainers are
> anything but.

Writing/maintaining software is providing a service (even when it's
free). You need to listen to your customers if you want to learn what
features they need and thereby improve your product. Of course, the
customer isn't _always_ right, and often they suggest specific
implementations which don't fit into the "grand scheme", but it's the
input of ideas which is important. Even if they seem at first to be
"wrong", I've found it's always worth thinking about them, even if you
ultimate modify or reject them. This is all IMHO, of course.